Tuesday 31 March 2015

I have Made Investments That Will Compete With Davido And Wizkid - African China

African China
African China in an interview with Vanguard Nigeria claims to be the Fela of our time. He further said he didn't make what musicians makes now but he has made investments that will compete with Davido and Wizkid of today money wise. Too much money, China man. lol. 

But calm-down geezer, is cool to compare yourself to great people, we are not just sure if you measure-up with Fela by any ramification.  Though you killed it with your music in early more than a decade ago, you got us dancing, we appreciated the new music, but in Fela's category we are not quite sure. Read his responses



With the rate of upcoming artistes and so many known names in the industry, do you think your kind of music will stand the test of time in Nigeria?
You should ask yourself and tell yourself the truth. My songs has lasted 17years now; which of these songs do you think will last two years? I'm not scared of the huge number of artistes out there, because I know what I've got and will give my best to my fans.It is not as if I'm boasting but I have dedicated so much of my time and energy to it because I have already set a standard and that standard will not drop but will continue to rise because I am born to sing and entertain people. That's why I am "African China" the legendary, take it or leave, I am the Fela of our time.
Will you say you've made the kind of money the likes of WizKid and Davido are making these days?
No, I did not collect the kind of money they are collecting now. But I think you should know something, we pushed the bill from 30 thousand naira to 8 hundred / one million. I made investments that can compete with whatever they do with their money. Therefore, I don't regret not making what they are making these days.




Source: Vanguard

No comments: