Friday 24 April 2015

Man That Walked From Lagos To Abuja Finally Met Buhari


Suleiman Hashimu, the man work walked from Lagos to Abuja finally met President-elect, Gen. Buhari at the headquarters of APC in Abuja. Hashimu gave his reasons why he walked to Abuja following Buhari's victory and account of his journey.

“I made a promise because of the love I have for Mr. President that if Buhari should win the 2015 elections, I will trek from Lagos to Abuja which I have done. I thank God that I made a promise and I fulfilled the promise.
“I passed through Kwara and Niger states to Abuja. I was trekking from 6.00am to 6.00pm and anywhere I find myself when it is 6.00pm, I pass the night there.I spent 18 days from Lagos to Abuja. 
“Once I found myself inside the bush by 6.00pm and I managed to continue the trek till 9.00pm to a nearby village. I made this promise two years ago. I am based in Ibadan and I started my journey from Lagos because Lagos is the most popular city in Nigeria and I started from Berger junction in Lagos. 
“I am not bothered about what people think. It is a promise between me and my God. I don’t want anybody to believe me. I left Lagos because I made a promise. Right from Kwara state, I never walked alone for five kilometres. People always walk with me to the next village. I work with a construction company based in Ibadan.”

No comments: