Wednesday 13 May 2015

PDP Chairman,Adamu Mu'azu Wanted Me To Convince Ambode To Defect To PDP - Oba Of Lagos


The Oba Of Lagos didn't hold anything back in his interview with Punch about the emergence of APC Akinwunmi Ambode candidacy. He revealed how Adamu Mu'azu tried to convince him in Mecca to get Akinwunmi Ambode to defect to PDP so they could field him as their Lagos State governor candidate, but the King refused. 
A week to the governorship election, there was a meeting with Igbo leaders at your palace where you said they would perish in the lagoon if they did not vote for Ambode.

Look, let me tell you something, if you know me, you will know the kind of person that I am. I am not God. I can be confident on some things and if it is the will of God Almighty, it will come to pass. But before that, what I know is that the people of Lagos suffered for no just cause, and those among them who are members of the PDP did not like the injustice (withholding of federal allocations) that was being meted out to the people of Lagos at that time but they did not want to talk. That is hypocrisy which is not good.


At that time, I was confident according to the wisdom of God. It was on May 14, 2014 when I was invited to Ambode’s book launch. I asked them what book launch they were doing. I told them that they could call it a book launch if they wanted but I had seen it in my palace in Iga Idugaran that Ambode would be the next governor of Lagos State and that God would make it so. And I prayed to Olokun Olosa (the gods of the sea) to make it so and it came to pass. I am not God but with prayers and the support of everyone, you will see how well he will perform. And it is the wish of this present governor that the person taking over from him should do better than him. Governor Babatunde Fashola has done a lot. We are equal in the eyes of God but we are not equal in the love of God.