Friday 15 May 2015

Buhari's Victory Saved Me From The Federal Government, If Not It Would Be A Matter Of Life And Death For Me

At the launching of  ‘Dynamics of Change: The Amaechi Years’, a book by Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi. He addressed his runs-in with the federal government by revealing that they have been a secret order by the federal government to security agencies to arrest him if PDP won the presidential election.

He narrated how his diplomatic passport was withdraw by the Goodluck Jonathan administration, and his international passport wasn't re-issued after he lost it in Ghana. The federal government was determined to keep him in Nigeria in order to arrest him. Though both of his passports has now been re-issued to him two weeks to the end of the present administration. 
“I was so determined that there would be Change because if there was no Change, I would be finished. For me, it was a matter of life and death. The federal government sent a signal that if they won, nobody should allow me to leave Nigeria. Today, I have been given back my diplomatic passport two weeks to the end of the government. I lost my green passport in Ghana sometime ago. Now, they have re-issued me a new one.”