Tuesday 22 September 2015

Women On Twitter Are Tweeting About Their Abortion Experiences And Stories

Who would have seen this coming, who knew women will develop this level of commendable confidence to discuss very sensitive issue like abortion publicly with the world on social media. Some of these ladies are discussing how abortion made them happy and how it is not a thing of shame to them. They are using the hashtag #ShoutYourAbortion to tweet their stories in an attempt to stop the societal stigmatization associated with abortion..
Plenty of people still believe that on some level – if you are a good woman – abortion is a choice which should be accompanied by some level of sadness, shame or regret. But you know what? I have a good heart and abortion made me happy.”
More tweets...

#ShoutYourAbortion #StandWithPP I've had 3 abortions and have held onto shame since I was 14. I am 43 now. My shame and silence ends today.

My abortion was in 2008. It saved my life and allowed me to escape an abusive, emotionally and physically violent man. #ShoutYourAbortion

I've never wanted to have children, so I had an abortion. I'm thriving, without guilt, without shame, without apologies. #ShoutYourAbortion

18 & broke + pregnant = bad. Abortion + 3yrs later + married + stable job = a great life for my baby. #ShoutYourAbortion


The campaign to defund PP "relies on the assumption that abortion is to be whispered about." #ShoutYourAbortion  
My abortion was in '10 & the career I've built since then fulfills me & makes me better able to care for kids I have now. #ShoutYourAbortion 
I've had 2 abortions. I don't have to justify or explain them to anybody. My life is more valuable than a potential life. #shoutyourabortion
My abortion was 19 yr ago. I was a recovering drug addict. I would've made a terrible mother now I'm an amazing one #ShoutYourAbortion
When I found out I was preg, I knew abortion wasn't for me but I would never tell another woman what to do with HER body #ShoutYourAbortion 

I often wonder why anti abortioners don't devote their energy to helping kids who have been born instead. #ShoutYourAbortion
My heart seriously hurts. How can people really be okay with #ShoutYourAbortion ? I'm so disappointed in our society  
2pac said it best. "Since a man can't make one, he has no right to tell a woman when and where to create one" #ShoutYourAbortion 
Ladies, there are so many wonderful ways to celebrate being a strong independent & intelligent woman, #ShoutYourAbortion is not one of them.

No comments: